Please read before applying:
When + Where: June 9th, 10am-5pm, and June 10th, 11am-5pm, at the Andy Murphy Midtown Neighborhood Center, Kingston NY.
Check out our ABOUT page for more info about the vibe of the event.
Who should apply to vend at Hudson Valley Hullabaloo?
While we do not curate our event to fit a particular aesthetic, this is a juried event. We do look for vendors who are committed to their craft and offer unique, high-quality items. The range of styles, philosophies, and sensibilities represented by Hullabaloo vendors is diverse. However, in effort to offer well-made, unique, and relevant items ($5-$250) to our shoppers, we do have certain required criteria.
We’re looking for:
- Makers who are engaged with their work and committed to their craftsmanship.
- Artists, designers, and craftspeople who are taste-makers and trend-setters.
- High-quality, well-made, design-focused products that are unique, and modern.
- Vendors from the Hudson Valley and the surrounding areas
- Great branding, packaging, and a concise direction. Vendors who sells a wide variety of things that don’t relate to each other and are made in different styles, are less likely to be accepted than someone who makes cohesive items. For example, a cohesive vendor- makes ceramic items. A non-cohesive vendor, makes jewelry, candles, knitwear, and jam.
- Handmade items that fit the season, are you selling something geared more towards winter but it's summer?
- Returning vendors: We LOVE our past vendors and we do tend to give them preference if they meet the above criteria and this additional requirement: We hope to see development and evolution in your work—whether in a new line or new products, experimentation with different techniques and materials, expanded offerings, or some other demonstration of intent to offer fresh and exciting items to our many returning shoppers.
We want all of vendors to do well at our event; therefore, if we feel that your work isn’t a good fit for Hullabaloo, you may not be accepted. We also reserve the right to turn down applications based on our goal of offering a diverse range of items. Limited space is available, and we want to curate a diverse group of makers while avoiding saturating any categories. Please understand that our inability to accept your application is not necessarily a reflection on your work or talent.
We do not accept vendors selling manufactured goods, or vendors who sell items produced outside the US. Applications from these types of vendors will be rejected, and vendors who bring these types of items to Hullabaloo may be asked to remove them from their display and/or leave the event. Hullabaloo is a carefully curated handmade shopping event. We require that all items are designed and/or made by you or your employee(s).
We may accept a few carefully selected sellers of high-quality, well-curated vintage items. If you are not applying as a vintage vendor, please do not bring used or vintage items to sell at Hullabaloo (although handmade vendors may use vintage materials to create new pieces—e.g. clothing made with vintage fabric, original artwork on repurposed wood, etc.).
If you think you share our vision and that your work meets these criteria, we encourage you to apply today. We hope to Hullabaloo with you!
My work fits the above criteria…What else do I need to know?:
- Applications close: April 24th
- Acceptances will be sent by April 26th
- Single spaces are $150 for the weekend, double spaces are $300.
- There is a non-refundable $10 application fee that will be applied to your booth fee if accepted. Applications will not be considered before receiving the application fee.
- Booth fees are due by April 30th. If we don't receive your payment on time we will accept a vendor from the wait list to take your spot.
- After payment, your booth fees are not refundable (in full or in part) for any reason.
- We require that all vendors commit to vending on both days.
- Booth layout, load in times, and parking directions will be emailed to you 1 week before the event.
- All vendors must be set up by 9:45am the day of the event, and must stay set up until closing time, all vendors must be packed up by 8pm on the last day.
- 8ft tables will be available for rent for $9, all rented tables will be in place upon arrival.
What does your booth fee include?
- A 8ft wide x 6ft deep space. TENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED INSIDE. Spaces are an 8ft table space with enough room for you and another person behind it, with your back stock and other belongings neatly under your table. Unless we deem that your setup should be placed along a wall, you will have neighbors behind you, your table cannot be pushed up against their space. Space is tight inside the venue and we request that you respect your neighbors.
- A listing on our vendor page with a link to you website.
- An instagram post for your company
- A facebook post
- Postcards and printed collateral to distribute
- Limited access to electric, please note on application if needed.
All vendors are required to collect and report NYS sales tax. For more info click here.
Food vendors + distillers:
You must have the proper permits and insurance in place to vend. Please contact us with any questions.
2018 FOOD VENDORS
We are looking for some healthy food options to serve lunch during the Hullabaloo. At this time your business must be located within Kingston, NY. There is limited space for food vendors. Contact Danielle at email@example.com for more information.
Thinking about becoming a Hullabaloo Sponsor?
For additional information, please contact Danielle Bliss at firstname.lastname@example.org, 845.750.8801