2017 HANDMADE AND VINTAGE VENDORS
Applications are open until September 19th, jurying will begin after applications close. Acceptance notification will be sent by September 25th.
Interested in vending at Hullabaloo? We're looking for designers, artists, and craftspeople. Please read this page in its entirety. By applying, you agree to the following:
When + where: Saturday, November 18th, 10am-5pm and Sunday November 19th, 11am-5pm, 2017 at the Andy Murphy Midtown Neighborhood Center, Kingston, NY. (Right across the street from Monkey Joe's on Broadway.)
Who should apply to vend at Hudson Valley Hullabaloo?
While we do not curate our event to fit a particular aesthetic, we do look for vendors who are committed to their craft and offer unique, high-quality/well-designed items. The range of styles, philosophies, and sensibilities represented by Hullabaloo vendors is diverse. However, in effort to offer well-made, unique, and relevant giftable items to our shoppers, we do have certain required criteria. This is a juried event.
We’re looking for:
· Makers who are engaged with their work and committed to their craftsmanship
· Artists, designers, and craftspeople who are taste-makers and trend-setters
· High-quality, well-made, design-focused products that are unique, modern, and giftable
· Vendors from the Hudson Valley and the surrounding areas
· Work that is fresh, unique, and extraordinary in its own way
· Returning vendors: We LOVE our past vendors and we do tend to give them preference if they meet the above criteria and this additional requirement: We hope to see development and evolution in your work—whether in a new line or new products, experimentation with different techniques and materials, expanded offerings, or some other demonstration of intent to offer fresh and exciting giftable items to our many returning shoppers.
We want all of vendors to do well at our event; therefore, if we feel that your work isn’t a good fit for Hullabaloo, you may not be accepted. We also reserve the right to turn down applications based on our goal of offering a diverse range of giftable items. Limited space is available, and we want to curate a diverse group of makers while avoiding saturating any categories. Please understand that our inability to accept your application is not necessarily a reflection on your work or talent. And does not mean that you may not be accepted in the future. We receive far more applications than we can accept.
*This is not a trade show for selling your services. You must be selling a physical product as your main offering. And we do not accept companies who resell other artisans work.
We do not accept vendors selling manufactured goods, or vendors who sell items produced outside the US. Applications from these types of vendors will be rejected, and vendors who bring these types of items to Hullabaloo may be asked to remove them from their display and/or leave the event. Hullabaloo is a carefully curated handmade shopping event. We require that all items are designed and/or made by you or your employee(s).
We may accept a few carefully selected sellers of high-quality, well-curated vintage items. If you are not applying as a vintage vendor, please do not bring used or vintage items to sell at Hullabaloo (although handmade vendors may use vintage materials to create new pieces—e.g. clothing made with vintage fabric, original artwork on repurposed wood, etc.).
If you would like to sell bottles of wine or spirits at the event you must have the proper tasting permits and insurance. Please email us for more info on the requirements. Alcoholic beverages cannot be sold at the event, it is strictly for tastings and selling of bottles.
If you think you share our vision and that your work meets these criteria, we encourage you to apply today. We hope to Hullabaloo with you!
Please do not contact us if you are an aerial artist, make balloon puppets, eat fire, or are an entertainer of any kind. This is a holiday craft fair.
My work fits the above criteria…What else do I need to know?:
· We ask that you commit to vending on BOTH days, Saturday, November 18th and Sunday, November 19th.
· After you are accepted, your booth fees are not refundable (in full or in part) for any reason.
· We’re offering 8ft table spaces for $170 which includes an 8ft table, but keep in mind that you’re welcome to purchase more than one space if you need additional room. A single space is approximately 8ft wide and 6 ft deep. Sharing is not permitted.
Booth fees include two days of vending, an 8ft table for single spaces, and 2 8ft tables for double spaces, unless otherwise indicated. You must bring your own chairs and display pieces. Your fee also includes social media coverage for each participating business.
· We do require pre-payment with your application (if you’re not accepted your fee will be reimbursed after the jurying process is completed, so check your calendar before applying.) We do this because we have had a problem in the past with collecting payments. This ensures that we can spend all of our time marketing and preparing for the event.
· There is a non-refundable $10 application fee, this is included in the $170. If you are not accepted into the upcoming fair you will be reimbursed $160 within 24 hours of emails being sent out.
· Applications close on September 19th. We cannot accept late applications.
2017 FOOD VENDORS
We are looking for some healthy food options to serve lunch during the Hullabaloo. At this time your business must be located within Kingston, NY. There is limited space for food vendors. Please no ice cream as it is too messy for an indoor winter event. Contact Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thinking about becoming a Hullabaloo Sponsor? Send us an email for more info, email@example.com
For additional information, please contact Danielle Bliss at firstname.lastname@example.org, 845.750.8801